Window Lock Switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005 | 10:05 PM
|
Window Lock Switch

I have a 99 F-150 Flareside Ext Cab and am looking to add a window lock option. I have a dog that likes to stand on the passenger window switch and would like to beable to lock the windows. I was thinking of finding a switch from an expedition or newer f-150 but was wondering what wiring would need to be done, is it possible to add this option to my truck without spending a lot of cash. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2005 | 12:31 AM
|
Any ideas?

Old 03-31-2005 | 12:37 AM
From: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Interesting... I have the same problem and have wished for this before. My wifes 96 Explorer has it so why not my 2000 F-150? Anyway I am currently working on another project that has me chasing my tail. If you get it figured out please post. If not I will work on it when I either get this other project figured out and done or give up on it one.

Old 03-31-2005 | 12:46 AM
I'm not certain, but, I would think that if you were to wire the switch so it interupts the window power supply, that would work.

You might be able to use the wiring for the passenger side window control on the drivers side (if that makes sense).

I don't know how it is wired, but this seems like it could work.

Maybe a good starting point.

Good luck

Old 03-31-2005 | 10:17 PM
Or you could just remove the switch from the clip that holds it in place and let it hang inside the door.

You can still operate the window for your dog from the drivers side.

Old 03-31-2005 | 10:40 PM
Originally posted by bryanfeelsgood
I'm not certain, but, I would think that if you were to wire the switch so it interupts the window power supply, that would work.

You might be able to use the wiring for the passenger side window control on the drivers side (if that makes sense).

I don't know how it is wired, but this seems like it could work.

Maybe a good starting point.

Good luck
It looks like if you put a switch on the yellow/lt green wire at the driver side switch then this will disable the other power windows.

Old 04-01-2005 | 06:47 PM
|
I will put your ideas to test and see what I come up with. I would like to get a factory switch put in to make the option look as factory as possible. I am trying to locate a switch and panel out of an expedition but the problem with that is there are switches for four windows. I will have to put my thinking cap on for this one. Thanks for the ideas, keep em coming.

Old 04-01-2005 | 07:16 PM
From: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Get one out of a 2dr Explorer.. I think they had them? Worse case I would guess that the Expedition switch has 3 wires in and 3 wires out, just use the 2 that are the same 2 both in and out on it. Use a volt meter with the switch open to find the 2 corresponding legs.

Edited to add:
when it is shut then it will kill power to 1/2 the legs (aka the outs) and no 2 will have continuity between them with it off.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 04-01-2005 at 07:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Window Lock Switch