2002 F150 Screw Electrical Circuits in the area of the dome light

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005 | 02:19 AM
|
2002 F150 Screw Electrical Circuits in the area of the dome light

I recently purchased a 2002 F150 SuperCrew with an aftermarket overhead LCD monitor (CY-VMX6800U, I belive). The LCD monitor is inoperative although the integral dome lights work properly.

As the first step in troubleshooting the unit, I thought I'd inquire about other circuits in the overhead area that the LCD mointor might be connected to. I just want to see if the unit has power to it. Perhaps an overhead aux circuit or something like that.

If there is another circuit in the area that the unit might be connected to, can you tell me the fuse number in the fuse block of the drivers side kick panel. I don't have an Owner's Manual as of yet, athough it is coming.

Thanks for the assistance.

KC

Old 04-04-2005 | 09:32 PM
Since it's aftermarket, Lord only knows where the installer got the 12V from....

HOWEVER, there is a good chance they may have tapped into the overhead console (where the compass/outside temp is) OR they used the wiring harness that was already there (pre-wired for overhead console).

According to the 2003 service manual...

The power for the pre-wired harness (assuming you had this and your truck DIDN'T come w/a moonroof), it should be a 5A fuse F2.8 (i.e. #8 located in cab) located in the Central Junction Box.

As for your owners manual...you can download it in Adobe Acrobat PDF format at:

http://www.genuineflmservice.com/default.asp?page=E4

Last edited by TonyPTX; 04-04-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-05-2005 | 01:50 AM
From: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Did they leave in the DVD player too. The monitor won't come on if it dosen't have a video signal source.

Quick Reply: 2002 F150 Screw Electrical Circuits in the area of the dome light