Power window prob. a little different..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005 | 04:16 PM
|
Angry Power window prob. a little different..?

I can seem to get my windows working. I read the other post about some of the problems everyone else was haveing but they don't quite seem the same as mine. Ok first my windows just didn't work at all. I checked all the fuses they all looked fine, then replaced the relay. That didn't help. My windows didn't work for about 2 weeks, then one day after I started the truck they worked for about a week. then they didn't work again. I checked all the fuses again and nothing. I wiggled the relay and nothing. Then about 2 weeks later I tried all the fuses and took out the relay and put it back in then it worked untill i shut my truck off. Now I can't get it to work at all. Every one elses kept saying they heard clicking but I don't hear any. Any fresh ideas would help greatly. I am really frustrated.

Old 06-06-2005 | 11:44 AM
You might want to check the bundle of wires behind the speaker in the door itself. I had a problem with my directionals and with my windows both of which were attributed to intermittant short of two wires in the bundle that come into the door. These two wires wore through by chaffing against the inside of the door skin. All the door electricals are in this bundle. Very easy to remove the door panel, speaker and check.

ricochet

Quick Reply: Power window prob. a little different..?