efan problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005 | 07:47 AM
|
efan problem

When i got home tonite after work my efans would not cut off. i went inside and came out around 30 minutes later still on. I disconnected the fuse so my battery wouldnt run dead. Ive had them on around 2 months and never had any problems. Any ideas?

Old 06-08-2005 | 07:54 AM
Need more info.... brand? Controller? bypass switch?

-Joe

Old 06-08-2005 | 07:56 AM
|
they are the troyer efans...installed to their specs....i didnt install them so i dont know.

Old 06-08-2005 | 08:44 AM
Contact Mike Troyer or Anita troyer at Troyerperformance.com.If both fans kept running the install might have been done using only one fan controller relay or they have been hooked up in series. Both applications are shortcuts sometimes used. They are not correct! I have installed 3 sets and use them on my own truck NO problems. They are designed with complete redundant systems so "dual" failure is highly unlikely.Ask Mike to send you a install manuel. Good luck..............on is better than not on!

Old 06-08-2005 | 09:26 AM
|
its only one fan...and its not the ac fan cuz i can cut on my ac and it will cut on, etc. its the one dealing with the engine i guess. I cut the truck off, it still runs....i dunno, im thinking a relay went bad???

Old 06-08-2005 | 11:48 AM
i dunno, im thinking a relay went bad???
Gently tap the relay to see if it will disengage. Next remove the hot signal wire. If it still runs, pull off the hot feed wire. Reassemble. If problem stops, replace the relay. If it still runs when it shouldn't it still may be the relay, or it could be something else.

Call Mike Troyer anyway!

Quick Reply: efan problem