What did I do wrong????

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005 | 09:30 PM
|
What did I do wrong????

ok I just finished installing my electric fans today on my '04 150. I go for a test ride and about 10 minutes into my drive, I notice that my right turn signal is still on after i made a turn. So i go home and check and when the blinker is turned on the lights do not blink on the passenger side...also my passenger side lighting is very dim as if it is recieving very low power...the driver side lighting is better and the signals work fine on that side, but the lighting is still dimmer than normal...at no time did the fans get wired through anything (that i know of) concering the lighting of the vehicle...also, it just so happens that all the wiring for the fans (relays, etc.) are mounted and run on the passenger side of the vehicle...any thoughts on what is going on here?? Any help is greatly appreciated and much needed...Thanks in advance!!
Adrian

Old 06-09-2005 | 09:52 PM
Did you have to drill any holes to mount the relays?
Could you of drilled through into a wire?
Could you of pinched any wires with brackets?
I don't know what it could be but these are some of the things I would check first.

Old 06-09-2005 | 10:03 PM
What happens when you disconnect the fan wiring (if there is an in-line fuse to the fans, remove it). Does the light intensity change?

Are the lights dimmer when the fans are off? Where did you connect the power wire for the fans?

Old 06-09-2005 | 11:10 PM
|
The relays were mounted to the washer fluid container on the pass side so no holes near wires...also, i did not try disconnecting a fuse, but light intensity does not change whether the fans a re on or off....and the power line for the fans are wired through the relays directly to the battery

Old 06-12-2005 | 02:18 PM
I'm wondering if the problem is the relays; you said you mounted them on the washer fluid container: they have no ground.

The relays need power and a ground; I would reposition them where they are screwed into a metal ground (or make a ground wire with wire and eyes on both ends; one end on the relay, the other screwed into metal to provide the ground).

Quick Reply: What did I do wrong????