Automatically Unlock Rear Doors

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005 | 02:41 AM
|
Automatically Unlock Rear Doors

I have read here about the procedure for disabling the autolock feature. I don't want to do that. I like the autolock feature but would like to be able to program the truck (2002 screw) so that the rear doors automatically unlock once stopped or ignition is turned off. It sure is annoying to get out to help the kids get out of the back seat, only to realize that their door is locked.

Old 06-12-2005 | 11:10 AM
I have an '03 s'crew with same features. I don't think that is possible, otherwise the procedure would be in the owners guide. I know what you mean, though. It would be nice to have. I'm afraid GM has a "one up" on Ford with that feature on trucks.

Old 06-12-2005 | 12:10 PM
that cant be done.....

is it too hard to just hit the unlock button before getting out?

Old 06-12-2005 | 10:59 PM
|
Thats too bad, but I was suspecting that. Guess when it bugs me too much, I'll have to take the GM for a drive.

Old 06-13-2005 | 12:52 PM
If you got a aftermarket alarm they will unlock all doors when igniton is turned off.
I have a viper alarm, when i start truck, all doors lock, then when i turn it off all doors unlock.

I can't even figure out how to disable it, cuz i think it is part of the viper and not the ford autolock.

Couldn't you also just disable all the autolocks?

Old 06-13-2005 | 10:23 PM
|
I like the autolock feature as I usually have the kids in the back, so disabling it isn't an option for me. I'll have to look into an aftermarket alarm. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Automatically Unlock Rear Doors