Someone Is Going To Steal My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005 | 10:32 PM
|
Someone Is Going To Steal My Truck

hey guys... well i have a 2000 f-150 with power locks.well something is wrong.the passanger door was slammed by the ex for like 3 weeks straight. now the door lock works half the time. sometimes when u push ounlock ( on my keylessentry/alarm bulldog system) or the inside door button the passanger side wont lift all the way and will lock if u pull the handle from the outside. if you sittingon the drivers side and pushing the unlock button a couple times in a row u can see it move up on the passanger side like half way and bounce. the weird thing is it works half the time and the other half i have to reach over and pull the handle on the inside to open the door. any ideas on this? could it be the motor for the power locks? i took off just the top panel on the armrest and the connection was tight... im not too sure about taking off the whole door panal yet:S any help guys??

Old 06-16-2005 | 07:36 AM
Just pop the panel off and see what's going on inside the door.... it could be a linkage that's binding slightly and some lube will help, or the solenoid could be shot. There's no way to know unless you look to see what it's doing, and regardless of what's wrong, you'll have to remove the panel to fix it.

-Joe

Old 06-16-2005 | 08:53 PM
Sounds like the classic first symptoms of a failing actuator. Search "intermittant actuator" by member = "Upton".

Good Luck. Parts are ~$50.

Matt

Old 06-17-2005 | 02:12 PM
You can buy an actuator at Best buy for 20$ and screw it right to your door panel, the rod'll connect right to the factory lever. It's a very Easy install.

Old 06-17-2005 | 02:14 PM
-Oh and another benefit, It's a pain removing the stock actuator, here you just need to rewire(2 wires) The best buy actuator has more than enough "oooommmph" to do the job.

Quick Reply: Someone Is Going To Steal My Truck