Truck will not start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck will not start.

I took the truck over to Midas for an oil change, usually do it my self, but did not have the time, before going out of town this weekend. He changed the oil and started up the truck to cycle the new oil through, started just fine.

After he was done, went to take it off the hoist, and it would not turn over. Here are the details:

1999 Lariat 4.6 L 4x4 46,000 miles. Never had a starting problem since I have owned it.

I first noticed there was no power to the radio, standard unit, no display on the radio face. If you turn the key, everything comes on the dash like normal, just no radio.

We got the truck started by jumping the starter with a screw driver.

I got it home and messed around with it a bit myself. If I take out the number 15 fuse, 5 amp, third one down in the second row of the passenger compartment box, the radio comes back on. I can put that fuse back in, the radio still works, but when you try to start the truck, nothing happens. The radio will then be dead and I can reset it by taking out that fuse again.

I am not sure what is happening, but any help would be greatly appriciated.

The service tech at the dealership did not seem to care about any questions I had or any problems I was having.

Thanks.

Old 06-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same starting problem

I have almost the same problem as budweiser08 with my 1999 f150. except with mine there is no problem with the radio,but i do have the same problem with starting. with my truck you have to hit the unlock button on the key fob to start the truck but latley everytime i try to start it i get nothing. the dash lights come on and all the instruments register but when you try to start it, nothing. i can jump across the solenoid with a screwdriver and it will start. this made me think maybe th solenoid wabad but i checked and solenoid and starter are fine. any ideas on whats causing this?

Quick Reply: Truck will not start.