More '01 SuperCrew problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More '01 SuperCrew problems

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to hold out until the first of the month to have my truck looked at, but it looks like I may not make it that long.

To recap -

Last month I had a problem with my AC blowing hot air - the module that controls the hot and cold air went out. Got that replaced and it works fine.

After this I haven't taken the truck to anyone as of yet.

Shortly after - cruise control went out.. Last week, the truck would not come out of Park until I found the work around by moving the ignition switch to the first position pressing the brake, moving the shift to neutral the cranking.

Then the windows would not roll down. Well, now I do not have any interior over head lights. No door dings when the door is open with the key in the ignition or lights are left on.

It was suggested to me to check on my brake lights - they are fine.

I took the truck by Advance Auto Parts yesterday and they checked the battery and alternator. The battery was at 11.4 which the guy said was alright. He also said the alternator was working fine. I'm not a mechanic and do not pretend to be so I don't know if he was blowing smoke or not. He did suggest that I clean the terminals and check the water level in the battery.

Anyone have a guess as to if these problems are all related or if I am just having a bad month?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
I failed to mention that my wipers have quit working also.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:32 AM
I know exactly what is wrong. You have a bad cruise brake switch. To verify do the following:
1. Pull the plug on the cruise switch and clean with contact cleaner. You will probably find brake fluid in the switch.
2. Measure voltage and it should read 0-.5 volts. If you have 11.5 volts, disregard my post.
3. Change fuse 15 (5A). All should now work except your cruise.
4. Go to your ford dealer and by the recall switch kit.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Stuck Screw,

Thanks for the info. Actually I dropped the truck off at a dealership last night for service today.

I had a heck of a list of things to be looked at - not sure if you saw my other posts, but I had the cruise issue, truck didn't want to come out of park, windows wouldn't roll down, wipers didn't work (including the windshield washer), interior lights did not work (no chime when door is open either).

I tried replacing fuses on Friday, I think it was #15 (5a) - everytime I replaced it, the new one blew.

That was my last straw - I figured it was about time for my transmission service anyway so I decided to drop it off.

I'll post the resolutions when all is fixed.

Thanks!

Mike

Old 06-28-2005, 09:17 AM
please inform

hey....i got a 01' supercrew also and i have the same problem....i just was introduced to this forum and now i realize iam not the only one with the problem......please inform me on what the dealer outcomes were and what the changed if anything.....someone told me that i might have a bad GEM module so i decided to replace that..spent $130 on it and it still isnt fixed...so please post when you find the problem...

thanks

Old 06-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey everyone,

Turnes out it was a deactivation switch was my problem. I'm trying to decript this bill to help figure out the part number to give you.

From what the PN looks like: 1L1Z*9F924*AA Kit - Brake Repair Loooks like the part was 18.98 and the labor was 68.

If this doesn't sound like the correct PN let me know and I will look over the invoice again.

Hope this helps...

Mike

Old 07-03-2005, 02:12 PM
thanks for th info

i appreciate the help but i bought the part and tried it out and still i had the same problem.....i decided to get a professional guy coem to my house to check it out....all he did was replace the wire from the GEM module plug to the brake switch.....thats all and it works fine....he charged me $200....somewhere the wire was burnt out or grounding somehwere.......once again thanks for the help.....

Old 07-30-2005, 04:10 AM
2001- f-150 supercrew

hi, i have ther same problem as you concerning the 2001, f-150 supercrew not being able to put in gear, power window not working and inside light won't come on. i don't know what to do about this problem, but it seen that a number of people are having the same problem. I think we need to make a formal complaint with the manufactor of the f-150 supercrew 2001 for an recall concerning this problem.
thanks
earl3056

I'm trying to hold out until the first of the month to have my truck looked at, but it looks like I may not make it that long.

To recap -

Last month I had a problem with my AC blowing hot air - the module that controls the hot and cold air went out. Got that replaced and it works fine.

After this I haven't taken the truck to anyone as of yet.

Shortly after - cruise control went out.. Last week, the truck would not come out of Park until I found the work around by moving the ignition switch to the first position pressing the brake, moving the shift to neutral the cranking.

Then the windows would not roll down. Well, now I do not have any interior over head lights. No door dings when the door is open with the key in the ignition or lights are left on.

It was suggested to me to check on my brake lights - they are fine.

I took the truck by Advance Auto Parts yesterday and they checked the battery and alternator. The battery was at 11.4 which the guy said was alright. He also said the alternator was working fine. I'm not a mechanic and do not pretend to be so I don't know if he was blowing smoke or not. He did suggest that I clean the terminals and check the water level in the battery.

Anyone have a guess as to if these problems are all related or if I am just having a bad month?

Thanks,
Mike[/QUOTE]

Old 08-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Mine did the same thing, I went to dealer and found the brake switch bad, $20 switch, and my not a reacll 2001 was fine. One thing is my Cruise control did not work for some time before that happened, and before that went dead the CC relay was sticking with the light on but no autodrive.

Quick Reply: More '01 SuperCrew problems