Blinkers do not work, hazards do

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005 | 02:09 PM
|
Blinkers do not work, hazards do

The blinkers on my '98 F-150 are not working, but the hazards do. I checked the fuses and they all look good.

I was messing with the wheel tilt the other day, so I am figiting with the stalk (blinker lever) and tiltling the wheel to see if it is just a lose contact, but with all the wiggling I'm doing they still won't come on.

I am thinking that is the problem, but how can I fix it? How does the ignition switch come off so that I can take the plastic shroud around the wheel off and wiggle some more connections?

Any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2005 | 03:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Hit the multifunction switch with a shot of brake clean through the opening for the hazard switch to see if your turn signals take to workin'.

A pin or two may be backed out at the connector to the multifunction switch as well.

Old 06-23-2005 | 10:11 PM
dont use brake clean...dissolves plastic and such...go to radio shack and get electrical contact cleaner if you perform the operation ...zap!

Old 06-23-2005 | 11:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I don't know what brake clean you're using that dissolves plastic. Discolor, maybe, dissolve?

Old 06-24-2005 | 01:17 AM
Suspended
i had some what of the same problem with my 88, in the back of the truck by the spare there was a wire harness that connected all the lights in the back. over time it got corroded and i had no running lights only one brake light and no turn signals.

Quick Reply: Blinkers do not work, hazards do