What size fuse??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005 | 01:24 AM
|
What size fuse??

If you were to wire in a CB to your fuse block, what size of fuse would a person use? I am pretty sure that the CB does not draw more than 3 amps. So would any size fuse work? I was thinking something like the wipers that has some current to spare and is only on with the ignition. What do you think?

And also, it is impossible to feed too much power to the CB right? It just draws as much as it needs?

Sorry, but i dont know much about this stuff.

Old 06-30-2005 | 09:16 AM
My Uniden PC76W draws less than a 2A fuse can carry. I honestly thought it would be more, but a 2A fuse was what it came with, and hasn't failed since.

-Joe

Old 06-30-2005 | 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by steve_m30
If you were to wire in a CB to your fuse block, what size of fuse would a person use? I am pretty sure that the CB does not draw more than 3 amps. So would any size fuse work? I was thinking something like the wipers that has some current to spare and is only on with the ignition. What do you think?

And also, it is impossible to feed too much power to the CB right? It just draws as much as it needs?

Sorry, but i dont know much about this stuff.

You are correct. You want to ensure the fuse is rated about 20% more than the total load you are planning to draw.

"Power feed" would be a concern if, say, the CB was 9V and you were tying into the 12-15V produced by the alternator. As long as it commands 12V, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: What size fuse??