First the cruise control, now stuck in park and no brake lights (?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005 | 12:52 PM
|
First the cruise control, now stuck in park and no brake lights (?)

My 5.4L Triton 98 Expedition has a non-working CC...and now is stuck in park and no brake lights. Fuses seem to check out, so that leaves brake pressure swith or speed control servo (or both?). Am I missing any other fuse links for these? Also, where are these located? The stuck-in-park happened to my wife while I am at work so I haven't looked at it yet. I am wondering if I can secure parts at the dealership if this is a common problem. Any input is appreciated.

Old 07-06-2005 | 10:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Yoos got mail.

Old 07-08-2005 | 01:35 PM
Fuse #13, 15A will likely be blown. Unplug the pressure switch, replace the fuse, and it should be drive-able again (albeit without the cruise control). Pick up the replacement brake pressure switch from the dealership. Splice in the new plug, place a few drops of fresh brake fluid in the new switch before you install it, and viola! Back in Business!

-Joe

Old 07-08-2005 | 09:05 PM
|
Thanks

Thanks, GIJoeCam. Your assessment was dead on, and this fixed the problem. Thanks for the offline emails....extremely helpful! I took some pictures if anyone needs help identifying parts or placement in the Expedition 5.4L (not sure how to publish them here?). I ended up replacing a couple more parts than I needed to...next time I'lll listen a LOT less to the Ford parts folks (they talked me out of buying the part I ended up needing), and more to the experts on this forum. Awesome resource!

Old 07-08-2005 | 10:47 PM
Just glad we could help. Be safe!

-Joe

Quick Reply: First the cruise control, now stuck in park and no brake lights (?)