PIAA Light Wiring Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIAA Light Wiring Questions...

I am planning on purchasing a PIAA air dam and running a set of PIAA 510 driving lights and 520 fog lights. I want to be able to run the new fog lights (520's) as the stock OEM fog lights work and then run the new driving lights (510's) with the provided switch in the kit. With the kits, am I able to just pretty much plug and run the wire?? Meaning is it pretty simple for me to set this up how I want it? And with the separate switch for the driving lights, these lights will stay on no matter what, correct? I mean they won't go off when I turn my high beams on right? And if they do is there a way I can wire them to where they won't turn off? Also, is there anyway I can make it where my fog lights will stay on when my high beams are turned on?

Old 07-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, lets start at the beginning and do this one at a time.
If you want to have the PIAA 520's come on with your factory fog switch, your best bet is to do the following. Hook up the PIAA relay as they recommend, but discard the switch. Take the wire that goes to the switch, and splice it in right where your factory fog light bulb connection is. What this will do for you is you will still get 100% power to the lights, won't damage your stock wiring hardness by reuesting too much wattage from them, and they'll come on with your factory switch.
now, for the 510s. Just run them as recommended with your switch, and for the switch wire "hot wire" you can use your radio fuse, etc. so the switch can only be activated when the truck is on. Then any time the truck is on, you can turn on the lights, no matter what yoru headlights are turned on to, etc.
The fog light switch modification is something that depends on your year and stuff, but hopefully this helps.

Quick Reply: PIAA Light Wiring Questions...