Replace p/w motor and a/c trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005 | 01:04 AM
|
Replace p/w motor and a/c trouble

I have a 2001 f150 Supercrew. It appears the motor for the PW is toast. I am getting a 12V reading at the connections to the motor but nothing happens. How hard is it to replace it myself and can someone point me in the direction of some instructions. Also having problems with lack of cold air from a/c. I can hear what appears to be the a/c relay clicking every 5 seconds or so while I am driving. Any thoughts?

Old 08-03-2005 | 01:37 AM
I had the same issues and then the GEM module blew out. Not to say that that is your problem. The lack of cold air could be from the hot/cold selector. Mine sticks in the middle sometimes and I have to flip the switch back and forth to get the cold air to come out. As for the power window, my drivers side just quit today. It would go down but not up. Thought it was the switch at first but found out that is the harness itself. I was also gettin 12V on the switch and the motor harnesss connection. I bent the wires around until the motor started to run "up". Now I just have to get that fixed.

Last edited by landfill; 08-03-2005 at 02:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Replace p/w motor and a/c trouble