Running Lights and Dash Lights Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running Lights and Dash Lights Out

Hey everyone,
Just tonight I noticed that I had no running lights after I parked the truck while it was still semi-light outside. Well, after I got back in it after dark and cranked it up, I also have no dash lights, which is a very weird feeling. I have looked in the manual and can't really tell which fuse or relay is common to running lights and dash lights. Can somebody give me a hand? I appreciate it.

Fordman3

Old 09-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
On an 02, look at fuse 3 and 6 in the main box.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluegrass,
Thanks for the tip. I actually made a 20-mile trip tonight after dark, minus the running lights and dash lights, which still weren't any big deal. Well, when I got to my destination, I realized that to add to the list, my taillights were out, too, and I'd driven on an interstate and on hectic downtown streets both. Man, was I lucky that I neither got my butt run over or got pulled over. Anyway, at my first stop I studied the manual a little more and took a stab, and sure enough, it turned out to be the #7 fuse in the main Power Distribution Box under the hood. She was cooked. I happened to have a little box of fuses and slapped another 15A in there, and voila, everything came back. Pulled away to go to the next stop, and bam, within 1 block, they were back out. Made another stop and since I didn't have another 15A, I put a 20A in its place. Before going any farther, a friend and I started scratching our heads about what could cause such a thing. I happened to notice that one of my foglights appeared to be burnt out, and I also noticed a loose wire hanging out from behind it. I reached down and checked it out, and sure enough, it was one of my creatively-rigged wires to my non-original foglights that had come loose and must have grounded itself a couple times. I plugged it back in, the foglight came back on, and everything went fine the rest of the way home. So the point is, well, I don't know what the point is, except that when one light is out, it's pretty likely that there's probably more. And that you should keep a pack of flat-blade fuses with you at all times. Thanks again.

Fordman3

Quick Reply: Running Lights and Dash Lights Out