Airbag Code 35

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005 | 02:08 AM
|
Airbag Code 35

I bought a 99 F150 standard cab work truck that allegedly had the airbags stolen, there was very minor front end damage, plastic grill pushed on an inch or so but it is my understanding there is only the RCM in the tunnel which is in good shape. I replaced the airbags (yes I disconnected the battery and waited one minute) and am getting a code of 3-5, the code flashes 5 times and the light stays lit. I am suspicious of the clockspring wire as there was a portion of the wire near the connector exposed but it seemed to be intact, I sealed it with silicone. The horn works well. Also my ABS light is on and my circuit for the low beams is dead at the CJB, I have bypassed the circuit and all is well with the lights. I'm not sure what to do next and need help with the code. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2005 | 10:28 AM
Passenger side air bag circuit shorted.

Old 09-08-2005 | 12:27 PM
|
Thanks Bluegrass. The connector was different slightly (got the bags on ebay). I had to trim the connector a bit to fit. I wonder if it is connected backwards or in other words wires swapped.

Old 09-08-2005 | 01:53 PM
|
Just re-checked it and the connector only fits one way, wires line up by color as well. I remember when I installed the passenger airbag, there was a connector that had been unplugged under the removable dash cover, the connector was just a single wire loop though. I did plug it back in. Looks like I may have to go to the Stealer

I also have been doing some reading here in the forum and have run across a great deal of GEM problems due to a windshield leak - wondering about that now since I had that headlight issue.

Last edited by Smittie; 09-09-2005 at 02:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Airbag Code 35