Hookin' up!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hookin' up!

Well guys, I just baught a Dixie Horn and I need help figuring out how to hook it up to a toggle switch and still keep my main horn hooked up to my steering wheel. I went to Auto Zone and the guy there was naming off the basics that I could even figure out (toggle and 12 gauge wiring) But, since there are alot of peopl here that know about this kinda thing, I'd ask here first. So here it is, It's a Dixie Horn with a 12v air pump. Tell me how you guys think I should go about doing this and what materials I should use.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Install proper wire sized new power lead from battery through a fuse for saftey, to a 30 amp relay and it's contact then from it's other contact to the horn +12 and from horn - to ground.
Power the relay winding from the same 12 volt source.
Run a lead thru the firewall to your new switch then to ground from the switch.
This makes the switch only completeing a ground to operate the horn setup.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Would this be a good application for a floor switch? You know like the ones they uses to use for high beams? It's something that wouldn't require you to take your hands off the wheel to activate. Just a thought

Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 PM
heh, i'm probly gona get it put on the floor, a little behind the Ebreak or i'm gona put it to the left of the wheel on the dash.

Quick Reply: Hookin' up!