Power Window Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005 | 08:25 PM
Thanks Quintin. I was just getting ready to write the same as this is what I figured had to be done and went and did it. Once I pulled the old one out, I plugged it in ... and it worked. There's no question mine had power to it as I had the lights dim and could hear a relay drop out if I held the button down long enough. I only had to drill out 2 holes as the one closest to the door hinge is already there.

Not sure if there is a mid-model year issue but the part numbers 43000 and 43001 (Parts Perfect brand)are not right. Left and rights are backward and I found that the gear is about an 1/8 larger in diameter than my Ford part. Also the shape of the teeth is different even though both have 9 teeth. Bolting it in was fine but running the window up and down makes a terrible sound on every tooth. I'll have to take mine back and get a different brand replacement that is correct. I'll also note that the plug was not correct on this replacement item either.

Cadflyer, take yours out as Quintin outlined so that when you go to the parts store you can compare and even put it in while still in the parking lot. Might save you a trip. You might have a core charge anyway.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2005 | 08:16 PM
Cool I "fixed" mine

I have a 99 4x4 supercab and the same problem the passenger window would not go up or down after a trip with the wife. The switch cover pops right up to allow unplugging the switches. The cover on under and around the door handle pops right off as well revealing one of 2 screws that must be removed. I might also add the clips from these removeable covers are metal.(not like those use only once to put the thing together GM plastic clips) The verticle on the back of the door above the removeable door panel also pops right off revealing the other screw that must be removed to remove the door panel. The panel will lift up about and inch and a half or so and can be removed now. Don't forget to remove the courtesy light by twisting the fixture from the back a little CCW before you carry off with it. Next I peeled the plastic back to the speaker and then hooked the switch back up and turned the key on ACC (backward). I pushed the button to move the window down while tapping on the bottom of the geared operating lever through the access hole. The window freed up and came down and back up and down fine. I lubricated the slide tracks and put it back together. I did note that when I pushed the window up all the way and held the switch the inner door skin that the motor is mounted on moved inward a little I suspect that this is what caused it to bind at the top gear tooth on the operating arm. (not sure though) The whole operation took less time that getting the door panel of a GM product though.

Old 09-23-2005 | 09:36 AM
|
Window Motor

I will try that this weekend if the hurricane doesn't blow me away. I have had the panel off once already but did not try tapping on the motor. I will see if that fixes my problem.
Thanks
Cadflyer

Old 09-28-2005 | 04:26 PM
Window sticking ??

After replacing the motor(passenger side) on my 97 f250 the window will get stuck at the top and bottom - it will then only move when I bang on the door while holding the button. Anyone else had this same trouble?? Could the regulator need replaced ?? Anyone heard of that ?? (the regulator wearing out?)
I tried lubrication - no luck yet.

Quick Reply: Power Window Problems