P1405 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P1405 Problems

I have the code P1405 coming up it has to do with the DPFE being either missing or unplugged can someone please guide me on how to fix this? I've searched but am not finding anything. This is for a 2000 F150 with a 5.4. Thanks your help is much appreciated.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:34 PM
OK I've done some more looking can anybody post a picture that shows me where the hose that it says has a problem is? I've never had to work on my truck before so it's all new to me.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Look on the drivers side between the large black power brake cylinder and the intake.
There is a small black device with a connector on it standing on two small vertical pipes with short rubber hoses.
Make sure their both pushed onto the small pipes. One is a little larger than the other in size. They must match up.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Bluegrass
Look on the drivers side between the large black power brake cylinder and the intake.
There is a small black device with a connector on it standing on two small vertical pipes with short rubber hoses.
Make sure their both pushed onto the small pipes. One is a little larger than the other in size. They must match up.
Thanks Bluegrass, I finally had the time to look into it and it was one of the hoses that had a hole in it.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Happy to hear it was that easy for you.
The device is a test sensor that tests the ability of the exhaust to flow to the EGR and in the correct volume.
The two hoses have a restriction between them that the sensor flow differencial is measured accross, with the EGR commanded to flow at close to a 10% opening point. These are the two calibration points used to report back to the computer and will see anything that is faulty from wiring, sensor, hoses, blocked calibraton holes, poor operation of the EGR ect.
So, comb your hair before you get into your truck; the computer is looking at you.

Quick Reply: P1405 Problems