ABS Blinks 16 times

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005 | 12:16 PM
|
Red face ABS Blinks 16 times

I have a '95 F-150 4X4. The cruise control doesn't work and the shift lever won't come out of park with the engine running. It's necessary to move it to neutral with the ignition turned on. I don't think it's the rear differential sensor because the speedometer work. I changed the front sensor on the master cylinder once and it worked for a few days. I believe all the fuses are OK. I guess I better check the front sensor again. Any other suggestions/possible explanations?

Thanks, Don

Old 09-25-2005 | 02:58 PM
For the cruise control and the shifting out od park, Look at the brake switch for being out of adjustment.
The brake switch kicks off the cruise and unlocks the shift.

Old 09-25-2005 | 07:31 PM
agree with bluegrass...check your brake lights

Old 09-26-2005 | 12:31 AM
|
Originally Posted by Mike7333
agree with bluegrass...check your brake lights
Thanks Mike. Will check it. Today I noticed that the #13 fuse was blown and a new one was blown instantly. Looks like a short somewhere. Maybe the switch?

Old 09-26-2005 | 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by DonVidon
Thanks Mike. Will check it. Today I noticed that the #13 fuse was blown and a new one was blown instantly. Looks like a short somewhere. Maybe the switch?

Check the cruise disconnect switch on the master cylinder.

It has probably leaked into the connector shell and is shorting your brake light feed to ground.

If the fuse hadn't blown, you might be toasting 'smores around the charred wreckage of your truck.

BTW, the same feed powers the anti-lock computer. A code of 16 means the computer has lost its power feed. This ain't a coincidence.

Steve

Last edited by projectSHO89; 09-26-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-27-2005 | 08:31 PM
if the brake lights work ok, check the brake light switch to see if there are more than 2 wires connected to it. If more than 2 , I would replace the switch. If only 2. I would suspect a short in one of the bulb receptacles. (corrosion) Don't think that the shift release is related to abs. unless there are more than 2 wires on the switch that may supply voltage to the abs and shift release. check connections also for corrosion. start with the cheapest solutions first.

Old 10-02-2005 | 10:45 PM
|
ABS 16 blinks

OK, some progress. Got a Hayne's Manual so have wiring diagrams.

The #13 fuse blows when the STOP LT SW (cruise disconnect swithch on master cylinder) is plugged in. When it's disconnected, the brake lights work OK. The last check I had time for when it got dark and cold was to measure 2.2 ohns to ground from one side of the plug into the STOP LT SW. This means that the short is "downstream" from this point. More when I have time later. Next is to go to the CRUISE CTRL SERVO/AMPLIFIER ASSY, I think. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Don

Quick Reply: ABS Blinks 16 times