Disable Power when Key is Removed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005 | 02:23 PM
|
Disable Power when Key is Removed?

Quick question...

I installed a remote start on my '05 Lariat SCrew. I want to disable that residual power feature that keeps your headunit on after you turn off the truck until you open the doors. The problem is that if I remote start my truck, and then cancel it and turn it off, my radio and stuff is still on because the doors were never opend (it was turned off remotely).

Is there a way to disable this feature so that as soon as you turn off the truck the headunit will also turn off?

Old 10-06-2005 | 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by ckjaime
Quick question...

I installed a remote start on my '05 Lariat SCrew. I want to disable that residual power feature that keeps your headunit on after you turn off the truck until you open the doors. The problem is that if I remote start my truck, and then cancel it and turn it off, my radio and stuff is still on because the doors were never opend (it was turned off remotely).

Is there a way to disable this feature so that as soon as you turn off the truck the headunit will also turn off?
Most people want to ADD that feature...
Doesn't it go off automaticly 5 minutes later?
Chris

Old 10-06-2005 | 02:40 PM
|
I think it does go off after 10 mins or so. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I just didn't want my radio blasting (if I forget to turn it down) or people walking by and seeing my headunit glowing and drawing even more attention to it. Ultimately, it's not that big of a deal, but I was just curious.

Old 10-06-2005 | 03:19 PM
It goes off after 10 minutes. Tried it last night installing the reverse sensers.

Quick Reply: Disable Power when Key is Removed?