door code

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005 | 11:35 AM
|
Question door code

I have recently purchased a 2001 F150 that has the key pad on the door for keyless entry etc. It did not come with the code. I was told by one dealer that the code is usually on the module. He couldn't tell me where the module is. Can you tell me how I can find it without going to the dealer?

Old 10-08-2005 | 01:47 PM
Look up underneath the dash on the drivers side. There will be a box about the size of a small book, and it will have a sticker on the side with the number on it. Not sure if that year model still has the number though, the communists switched to a computer read only system at some point so you have to pay the dealer $80 to find out what it is

Old 10-10-2005 | 07:55 AM
Go to the Ford dealer parts dept and ask them to look up were it's at in the truck.They can tell you if it has the number on it or the dealer has to plug into it get the number out.Good luck

Old 10-14-2005 | 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by ch4man
I have recently purchased a 2001 F150 that has the key pad on the door for keyless entry etc. It did not come with the code. I was told by one dealer that the code is usually on the module. He couldn't tell me where the module is. Can you tell me how I can find it without going to the dealer?

I have a 2001 SuperCrew and like you bought it used. The module while difficult to see is under the dash at the drivers side. If I can find it you can also.

Quick Reply: door code