back up lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005 | 06:43 PM
|
back up lights

Is there a way to wire up the cargo lights on the new body style f150 to the backup lights? Is it just a matter of running a wire from the cargo lights to the backup lights so they come on with them? And if i did this are the cargo lights still gonna come on like they normaly do and can i install a switch to turn the cargo lights on and off while in reverse? Sorry if this is easy to do, im not a good electrition so i dont know what it takes.

Old 10-17-2005 | 07:14 PM
why do you want the cargo lights to come on in reverse? If you want more rear lighting then mount some fogs on the reciever. Just an idea.

Old 10-17-2005 | 09:37 PM
|
i just wanted more back up light when i needed it, so with the fogs in back, its just a splice into the backup lights and it should go?

Old 10-18-2005 | 11:35 AM
thats not exactly safe... your stock wiring probably can't handle it. Here' what you should do, run power to the fog lights like you normally would for a set of lights, but instead of running the wire inside the cab to a switch like you might for normal fog lights, just tap that into your reverse light wire, right by the bulb if you want to make it easier. Then, anytime you put your reverse lights on, it will trigger the relay and power your reverse lights. If you want to make a switch in the interior as well so you can flick tailgaters, thats a little more tricky but I can explain it if you want.

I like having sufficient light behind me

Old 10-18-2005 | 04:38 PM
|
hey matt, thank you for the info. I dont want a switch now. but thanks any ways

Quick Reply: back up lights