need help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006 | 10:59 AM
|
Exclamation need help please

okay I drove to chiago from NC the drive up there was great no problem but the drive back when I was about half way home I went to roll down my power windows and they didn;t work but then after about 5 minutes they work fine then a noticed the 4x4 light would come on for about a second and go off and when it did you could hear a cliking noise from under the driveser side dash did this for about 5miles and then the radio went off and would not come back on so drove it to a rest area and as soon as I open the door the raidio came back on so I turn the truck off and started it back up and checked the four wheel drive and it engaged fine and the radio work and the power windows work also so statred to drive off again and then the 4x4 light came back on twice and since then it has done fine no more problems with it drove on home about 300 more mile with no problems and today it has done find it just kinda freak me out as to what it could be any help on this would be great

Old 03-19-2006 | 05:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I hope it is not what I think it is, but a question first.

Did you get a lot of rain in route ?

This kind of sounds like the windshield leak problem, where the GEM and fuse panel get soaked, and it starts to act up.

I really hope I am wrong, but from the sounds of it, this might be the problem.

Take a search on GEM* ( add in the * to make the 4 character min for searches ) and read through the posts with the leaky windshield.