Interior lights shut off when door is still open??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006 | 01:24 AM
|
Interior lights shut off when door is still open??

I have a brand new 2006 Supercrew. When I open the doors, all the necessary lights come on, but after a short while (25 seconds), all the lights shut off, even when the door is still open. Also, you can't manually turn on the lights either, unless you put the key in. Is there a way to deactivate this? My owner's manual says the lights should stay on when a door is open? Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 03-19-2006 | 06:41 AM
It's brand new, go visit the dealer and have them fix it. Enjoy your warranty, while you can. or until the dealership does something to **** you off....

On older trucks, this problem is from corrosion on the contacts in the switch in the door. A little contact cleaner should fix it up, but I don't know where your switch is.

Good luck

Old 03-19-2006 | 11:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Are you sure it is 25 seconds ?

The battery saver relay is a 30 min timmer ( owners manual page 103 ).

If you turn on the interior lamps with the instrument cluster dimmer control switch, so they stay on longer then 25 seconds ?

The Battery Saver circuit will see the drain, and after 30 min shut off the power to the circuit until re activated ( cycle the dimmer switch again, or open and close a door ).

If it is 25 sec, sounds like a problem with the battery saver circuit ( relay ?? ) and the dealer needs to do some work for the warrenty hold back they got

Good luck, let us know what you come up with.

Quick Reply: Interior lights shut off when door is still open??