hardwire for XM radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hardwire for XM radio

I have a 2004 Supercrew and I want to hardwire my XM radio into the 12V power point on the dash. But I can't get the connector on the back side off. Anyone know how they come out? I don't want to break anything.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to ELECTRICAL.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:58 PM
It's just a suggestion, but if you have more than 1 accessory in your truck, consider installing an independent fuse block. It made things very simple for the 5 accessories in my truck! Everything has it's own fuse in the same place under the steering wheel.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:02 PM
First, are you sure that your XM radio requires a 12V input? Just checking, beacuse my Roady 2 requires 6V input...the converter is inside of the cigarette lighter style plug. If your's is not 12V, you'll need a hardwire kit that outputs the right voltage.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lowell
I...<snip>>...I can't get the connector on the back side off. Anyone know how they come out? I don't want to break anything.
The connector off the back of what ?

I need to ask, as I have a Sirius unit, and don't know if you are refering to the power adapter for the XM radio, or the connector on the Cigar lighter in the center console trim panel.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Suspended
I agree with Stephen on this, my XT requires a way lower voltage than 12, whatever you do, unless you are using a proper hardwire kit, do not just cut off the lighter plug and attempt to connect from there. You would be better just hardwiring an aux. cigeratte lighter plug and plugging it into there.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
I agree with Stephen on this, my XT requires a way lower voltage than 12, whatever you do, unless you are using a proper hardwire kit, do not just cut off the lighter plug and attempt to connect from there. You would be better just hardwiring an aux. cigeratte lighter plug and plugging it into there.
Do you recall the place that has the hardwire kit ? I don't know if it is logjam or one of the other ones. There is a XM radio install kit, that has I think the hardwaire converter ( no need to burry the cig lighter adapter in the console ) and a PIE interface.

I am drawing a blank, I'll start looking around in a bit.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:24 PM
www.myradiostore.comfor all things XM.

This is where I bought the hardwire kit for my Roady 2. They are very helpful if you have to call them with questions or anything.

Quick Reply: hardwire for XM radio