Remote Starter weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006 | 10:36 AM
|
Exclamation Remote Starter weird problem

Guys: Have a issue thats bugging me. Ford Silver system: 3 out of 5 starts I get 2 chirps and 2 blinks of the parking lights (same time) I hit the start button again and it get the single chirp and starts up fine.

Any idea why I randomly get the 2 chirps with no start then the next start is fine.

Old 10-27-2007 | 12:14 AM
Ford Silver Remote Starter Problems

I am having the same sort of problem with my Ford Silver Remote Starter. It was factory installed approximately one year ago and has worked perfectly until today. Now when I press the starter button on the key fob, the parking lights flash twice and the horn chirps twice...thats it, the truck does not start. I have ruled out weak or dead battery since my other fob has remained unused in the past year and should have plenty of power to activate the starter.
Anyone else with this kind of problem or solution to this problem.

Old 10-27-2007 | 09:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

You can download the owners manuals and troubleshooting guides for the Ford RMST at :

http://www.gemsen.com/ford/

Second item:

Q – Horn honks 2 times when remote start is activated?
1. If horn honk 2 times immediately one of the following is wrong:
· Check brake wire.
· Check hood switch wire.
· Check if unit is in service mode.
2. If ignition turns on then off and you receive 2 horn honks check:
· Check key sense wire connection.
· Check key sense wire polarity in programming.

If you don't find anything else in the troubleshooting guide or owners manual that matches, you can always try the contact at the bottom of the URL listed above.

Sorry I am not much help, I have not had this happen on my Silver RMST on my '06, nor have I seen this one yet.

The other person that would be able to help you ( and I mean actually help, not what I am providing ) is Travis at KC Autosound. He installs tons of these, and I think has seen everything.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Remote Starter weird problem