ABS motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006 | 11:06 PM
|
ABS motor

2000 F-150, 5.4 liter, 4X4 ext cab. ABS Motor stays on all the time. Truck is off and and no keys in ignition. I pulled the fuse so i can drive truck and not kill the battery. I looked for the relay but could not find it. Something is making the ABS motor run all the time.

Old 06-04-2006 | 01:02 AM
Are you sure your correct on what you are saying?
Is there a yellow warning lamp on?
Where is this 'motor' located?
Actually a motor associated with ABS is used on vehichles with an electric pump driven pressure system (no vacuum).
Do you have such a system or is it vacuum operated?
I find no part like that in my book unless it has been left out.
Reason I ask these questions is I own a car with electric pump brake system and it does have a motor and associated electric control module and power relay.
On a system like this if there is a pump problem the brakes usually also have a problem and make the car undrivable.
This is why I question what problem you really have. Maybe it's some other motor that is stuck running.

Old 06-04-2006 | 10:55 AM
|
The motor I am refering to is located on the drivers side under the air filter housing. It has 2 electrical connectors on one side and several (4 i think) brake lines on the other.

It has an electric motor and a little flat black box attached to it on top.

Yes the ABS light is on.

I pulled the fuse out and the motor stops. But i can't find a relay for it.

:o

Old 06-04-2006 | 11:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

The power relay is built into the module that bolts onto the pump. Assuming there isn't a short to power somewhere in the power circuit to the pump, the relay inside the module is probably stuck on. There should be a DTC C1113 or C1115 is this happens.

Old 06-04-2006 | 12:42 PM
|
after i take the module off ..can i take it apart to look inside and maybe add some dielectric grease or something?

BTW the screws hold the module on to the motor look in bad shape! lots of rust. I may have to use an easy out adapter.

Is buying just the module an option or do i have to buy the whole motor assembly?

Old 06-07-2006 | 02:42 PM
The same thing happend to me a year ago. i went to the ford house and they would only sell the motor and module together. It was going to be around 750 for the parts and then labor was going to be another 250 or so. I went to a salvage yard and bought a used pump and module. Then took the salvage module off the salvage pump and put it on the pump already in the truck. It has worked fine for me.

Old 06-08-2006 | 11:33 PM
|
thank you...i might try that

Old 06-11-2006 | 02:43 PM
I actually just posted the same thing in brakes. I am glad I came across this. My bolts where also rusted like hell. I had to dremel one off that was stripped. It looks like I will be looking for the module at a salvage yard.

Randy

Old 06-14-2006 | 09:24 AM
Glad I found this

I started having the same problem yesterday - pulled the fuse also. I'll be searching a salvage yard as well. Thanks!

Quick Reply: ABS motor