Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006 | 02:44 PM
|
Radio Problems

I have a 2000 F150 4 X 4 that has a problem with the radio. The radio is on but the display says "phone" which makes me think that the "mute" button is causing the problem. Ocassionally when I hit a bump or for some other reason it will start working (usually only for short periods of time)

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it.

Old 06-16-2006 | 04:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Is there a handsfree device hooked up to the radio ?

In my 2001, I though when I pressed the mute button the display said ( Audio ) Mute on the display.
My '06 I installed the Pariot HF system, and when I press the mute button the display is Audio Mute, but when I access the phone, or there is a call inbound, the display shows PHONE.

Sounds like there is a HF system or the left-overs from a HF install on the radio. If there is, the wire might be making the trigger to activate the PHONE section of the radio.

Are you the first owner ?

If so, sounds like it could be a chaffed harness, or the likes. Either way, might want to yank the console off, and use a flash light behind the radio to start looking around for something not quite factory with the harness.

I don't know the wires to look for on the '00, I never put one on my '01. My '06 I am using the same CAN bus interface that the SAT radio is installed on.

Quick Reply: Radio Problems