Radio, Power Windows, Dome Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio, Power Windows, Dome Light

Help!! I've had this problem for about 3 weeks, and I can't figure it out. I have a 2003 X-Cab F150 4.6. Only owner. I was at my company picnic and when I was leaving I hit a pretty big bump kind of hard. The radio went off and I figured I had blew a fuse. When I got home I rolled up the power windows and went inside. When I came back out, the windows wouldn't roll back down. I also discovered another problem, the dome lights will come on from the door being open, but I can't turn the overhead lights on from the switches. Anyways, I have replaced the power window relay, checked all the fuses and nothing. I'm stumped, the manual is not helping me and I don't want to get raped at the Ford Dealership as my warranty just ran out. Any help would be fantastic and much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Has it rained recently in your neck of the woods? Or have you washed your truck lately?

Sounds like water entry into the GEM/CJB.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's possible that water could have gotten into the GEM/CJB, I haven't explored that route, but I'm going to go ahead and check it out. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know what comes of it.

Quick Reply: Radio, Power Windows, Dome Light