Blinkers not working all the time

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006 | 08:06 PM
|
Blinkers not working all the time

my blinkers havent been working right. when i use the blinker they dont work. if i turn the hazards on, they flash. then i turn them off and signal left, they will flash about 4-5 times and stop. try the right, nothing. hazards back on and off, signal right, blink 4-5 times, then try left, nothing.

what should i check on this and what can i try to do to fix it?

this is on a 95 ford f150 reg cab

Last edited by 351FordGuy; 08-04-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2006 | 11:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Not knowing much about the 95 MY, I would have to say multi function switch ( aka the turn signal stalk / lever ).

If the hazzards work fine without issue, and using the MFS, they are inttermitten, that is where I get that SWAG at.

If you do a search on the term MFS* you will get several threads on the topic. Additionally, you can try the term multifunction or multi function for more threads.

Else someone might come along with another idea.

Old 08-05-2006 | 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by 351FordGuy
my blinkers havent been working right. when i use the blinker they dont work. if i turn the hazards on, they flash. then i turn them off and signal left, they will flash about 4-5 times and stop. try the right, nothing. hazards back on and off, signal right, blink 4-5 times, then try left, nothing.

what should i check on this and what can i try to do to fix it?

this is on a 95 ford f150 reg cab
I think you need to replace your blinker fluid.

Old 08-05-2006 | 10:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by nigdonht
I think you need to replace your blinker fluid.
WTF is wrong with you today ( maybe this is normal for you ) telling the guy having a real problem to check his blinker fluid. The other 2 I ran into I love just as much. Check the water in the cells on a maint. free battery, and just replying with the same answer a member did not understand.

If you have some value to add, please post, other wise without value being added, just keep the posts to yourself.

You had a question back on 19-JUL, that I tried to help you with, and this is how you repay members. Good luck with your question..
I'm not sure what that connector is, maybe where you fill your blinker fluid at ?

Last edited by SSCULLY; 08-05-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Blinkers not working all the time