Ford 1998 F-150 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford 1998 F-150 4X4

Hey Guys I need help bad please. Just out of the blue comeing home from work my truck started missing really bad I think it may be the coil or coils is this the right place to start or should I look some where else please help.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The engine section is a better place for this.

Please fill out your profile, with the truck info, or make sure to put in the engine size in your post.

Also make note if you are getting a flashing or constant on CEL ( check engine light ) as you should be getting a flashing light ( DTC : P30x ).
If you have an AutoZone around somewhere, take the truck there, and have them scan the code, and write down al the code numbers, not what the guy thinks is wrong.

Miss can be a lot of things from the plug to a COP / coil pack ( this is why the egnine size is important ) and then down to the other items like a CPS, and I forget the others.

Maybe take a search on the term [/i]P300[/i] or change it to P301 or P302 etc, to find some threads on it in the mean time might also prove useful. Just something to look at when you post this in the Engine section.

Quick Reply: Ford 1998 F-150 4X4