Dad gumn WINDOW!!! lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dad gumn WINDOW!!! lol

I have a 2001 F-150 xlt. Yesterday, I lowered the passenger window, but could not get it to raise. Lowered it half way, but still, could not get it to go back up. I tried both the driver side and passenger side window controls, for the passenger window, but to no avail. My window is completely down and open.
I jacked around with the #4 relay ( one touch window relay fuse) in the fuse box.... thumped it, wiggled it etc, the driver window is functioning fine. I noticed a clicking sound from the relay fuse as the driver window operates, however no clicking as i attempt to operate the passenger window. The only distinction is when I press the control to lower the passenger window, the lights dim a little, but not when I try to raise it.
Is it possible that the relay fuse is faulty? Or is the relay fuse capable of working half-***?
Possibly and hopefully, is there a fuse that may be blown somewhere that would affect the operation of the passenger window?
I removed the passenger door panel. The window motor looks like a royal pain in the rump to remove, besides, I can harldy see it as it is. Is there a way to remove it that doesnt require a cutting torch? lol or better yet, is there a method of testing it for funtionability without removing it first.
This is my first problem since the purchase of this truck. Electric windows are not my specialty. Id appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thanks

Old 08-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, one other thing... If the window motor is bad, is there a release switch somewhere to disconnect the window from the motor so I can raise it up?

Quick Reply: Dad gumn WINDOW!!! lol