Electrical Question about intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006 | 05:05 PM
|
Electrical Question about intercooler

I am with the University of Alberta and am part of the Formula Student Automotive Engineering Group. In this we must take a motorcycle engine and engineer/build at racecar. I have a question for you guys. From my readings I have found that the F-150 Lightning has an intercooler system which is powered by an electric water pump. I don't have a F-150 Lightning around(as much as I wish I did), but I was hoping it would be possible to find two things:

1)What are the inlet/outlet sizes of the pump?

2)How much current does the electric water pump pull?

Thanks Guys. I am interested in the responses.

Old 10-19-2006 | 10:07 AM
|
Someone here must of checked this out. I am suprised no one has even mentioned the size of their inlet/outlet on the pump. Also, all it takes to check current is an ammeter in series of the conection to the pump. How about coolant in the intercooler? How much does it pump?

Old 10-19-2006 | 11:45 AM
Ask this in the Lightning forum and you may get a response.

Old 10-20-2006 | 09:42 AM
I was co-leader and brake system engineer for the '02 LTU FSAE team. (We kicked Cornell's butt in the Car and Driver event, but were DQ'd in the endurance competition because out muffler fell off). Can't help much with the volume and current for the L intercooler. Sorry.

Are you guys looking at running an electric water pump? Dare I ask why? Which engine are you guys going with? When it comes to the CBR600, I can be a bit of help.

-Joe

Old 10-20-2006 | 09:15 PM
|
We went with a cbr600 in the past. Not this year....

Quick Reply: Electrical Question about intercooler