F350 pwr mirror question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006 | 10:29 PM
|
F350 pwr mirror question

Ive only been the proud owner of my 2003 F350 since Saturday so Im still learning new things about it. Someone just told me my 3rd brake light is out and my power mirrors aren't working. Obviously the two aren't connected. I looked in the manual and found the fuse for the power mirrors, and it was the 5a as required and it was in good shape. Neither side move so Im not sure what to do to diagnose the problem. I guess if I pulled the door panel I could see if the switch power wires are giving voltage but realistically I dont see them having power since they dont work. I supposed its possible for a switch to go bad. Im just fishing for ideas. On a side note, I did notice when I was cleaning the carpet there was a round 2-3 pin connector that was unplugged, not sure what that does though. I would assume since its on the bottom of the seat it has something to do with the interior lights staying on/off when the door is open or shut...dunno just throwing out ideas. If anyone has any thoughts Id apprecaite any help. Thanks!

~Dan

Old 11-30-2006 | 11:59 PM
Without pics &/or a better description of this seat plug, you're not likely to get a lot of info about it. How about the wires' colors?

All Ford power mirror circuits are basically like this, and probably have VERY similar (if not identical) wire colors.

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:01 AM
|
I took a pic of the plug under the seat, its not the best quality because its 1 AM and its dark out but here goes:

In the 1st pic you can actually see the male and female connectors. I mise well just plug it in and see what it does. It may start making me a cappucino!

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:05 AM
Recently my power mirrors stopped working. As you did I checked the fuse. Checked out OK. Changed the switch. Problem solved. Easy fix.

I'm not sure about the free hanging wire under the seat.

John

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:08 AM
I'm gonna guess it's the seat belt buckle switch. If you have the engine running when you plug them together, the buzzer will probably start.

Old 12-01-2006 | 10:08 AM
|
I believe you are right. Its not getting plugged in, I hate cars that make you put on your belt to drive 100 feet down the driveway. Otherwise its BEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Quick Reply: F350 pwr mirror question