Fogs and Highbeams

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007 | 06:26 PM
|
Fogs and Highbeams

I know this has been beat to death on how to run your fogs with your highbeams but i went to search for how to do it to a 98 and i couldn't find it. I could have sworn that i have seen it before. Does anyone know the link for the conversion for a 98 so i can get on the band wagon with this?

Thanks for the help and sorry about bringing this up again.

Old 03-10-2007 | 06:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

If you only want to be able to run the fogs with the headlamps in the high or low position, it is a simple remove a fuse and add a splice
This is the modified 2000+ diagram:

The removal of the fuse and the splice to the parking lamps allows the fog lamp switch to get power when the parking lamps are on vs. the factory version from the MFS, when in the low position only.

The 97-98 fog lamps are slightly different in function :

You can see that the power is from the MFS still ( via Fuse #27 5 A ) to the fog lamp relay coil, but the switch is operating the ground on the other side of the fog lamp coil.

The procedure is still the same ( as the 2000+ version ), remove Fuse #27, and splice the brown wire to the white w/ black stripe wire.

Now if you want the mechanical change to allow the fog lamp switch to bu pulled out in the parking lamp position, that is FedEx pilots how to :
http://www.geocities.com/tedoca/headlight.html
This is a bit outside what you asked for in the post, but I am guessing that this might be what you were looking for. ??

Good Luck.

Old 03-10-2007 | 09:26 PM
|
thanks for the link. I just got done with jumping the wires. I didn't do the mechanical mod because i didn't really see the need to in my situation. But i did the electircal and it worked perfectly. Thanks again....

Quick Reply: Fogs and Highbeams