auxilary power points in SCrew

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007 | 01:04 AM
|
auxilary power points in SCrew

I am interested in the auxilary power point connections that are located in/on the 2008 F250 SCrew or the 2007 F150 SCrew.

Has anyone added extra auxilary power point for all the 12 DVC toys. If so I would be interested in details, photos, brands, thoughts, etc.

Here are some of the toys I need to power. I am an incident commander in Search and Rescue and Ham radio operator.

GPS
Amateur radios (3)
Laptop computer
APRS
Cell phone
etc., etc., etc.

Your feedback, please.

RadarRick

Old 03-18-2007 | 08:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

The power points have 20 A fuses in them.
Just to verify, are you taking about the DC power outlet, when you are talking about power points ?

F250 ( not sure about 2008 ) from 2005 on, has an upfitter switch panel, that powers DC leads that are driven off relays and separate fuses.
The load for these is 2 @ 30 A and 2 @ 10 A.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q117.pdf

I guess it depends on the actual load of what you are installing if the power point will carry the load ( 20A * 80% load rate = 16 A ) on each power point ( front and rear ).

I am not sure if the upfitter switches are included with the 2008 F-150, didn't get a chance to look, or if this is something else all together, please correct me.

Old 03-18-2007 | 11:31 AM
I don't know if this would be what you are looking for, but Pilot Automotive makes a trailer adapter that allows you to plug into the trailer harness to power up to two 12 volt accessories. Not sure of the correct part number for your application, but go to www.pilotautomotive.com or 800-237-7560.

Good luck!

Old 03-20-2007 | 12:33 AM
|
12 Vdc

The upfitter switch panel is exactly what I am looking for and its from Ford.

Where are the actual 'plugs' or power points for the 12 volt accessory. IN other words this is where the on/off switch is located, but where are the power points or plug in holes?

I would consider any other after market systems also. How do the emergency service vehicles (police, fire, EMS, communications, etc.) do this?

Rick

Old 03-21-2007 | 10:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

The upfitter panel does not have the 12 V DC sockets, only leads that are in the dash area ( on F250s) for splicing into the output of the fuse / relay.

Emergency vehicles usually have an additional fuse panel wired into the system, they don't try to use the factory system, for that much of a load.

Quick Reply: auxilary power points in SCrew