2003 Lariat 2wd - no OEM fog lights - Add them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007 | 02:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by PROxac
I made no mention or implication of hitting you. ..<snip>...
Sorry, my mistake. when you posted :
Or you can gladly come down to Atlanta from the Chicago area and tell it to my face and see what happens
I did not take this to mean you were going to give me a big warm group hug. Again, sorry my mistake.

I do not claim to have a superior intellect..<snip>...
Sorry, again my mistake. What was this to mean then ?
I have figured out plenty and will continue to figure out plenty more than you could ever dream of figuring out.
..<snip>...I also used clear English when I said "I am not sure I will post it all on this place" Now perhaps your English is as poor as your attitude but that does not say "I will not post anything helpful here" but instead it says exactly what the letters making words mean "I am not sure I will post it all on this place" (perhaps I will, perhaps I won't). There was no reversal there was simply a decision. I apologize for it being over your maturity and intelligence level...<snip>...
OK, back to maybe you won't, after posting :
For those waiting for pics I will indeed get them up along with instructions, wiring diagrams, and finished pics.
If you notice, I quoted your post for this line, completely each time.
So you may not feel like helping someone like yourself. So be it, just select one, and stick with it ( either maybe, yes or no ).
Thanks for figuring out what I could not ( which after market wiring I know has been posted at least 30 times here, myself included..oh and maybe Ford's directions for the kit TxTechF150 purchased ) and then perhaps helping the next member. BTW, if this topic had been answered completely "in at least 10 different threads" why were you asking again ?

Old 05-14-2007 | 04:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
I made no mention or implication of hitting you. ..<snip>...
Sorry, my mistake. when you posted :
Or you can gladly come down to Atlanta from the Chicago area and tell it to my face and see what happens
I did not take this to mean you were going to give me a big warm group hug. Again, sorry my mistake.
Well perhaps you only deal with people who do not say what they mean. Or perhaps you only double talk yourself.
What I said:
"Or you can gladly come down to Atlanta from the Chicago area and tell it to my face and see what happens"
What that meant:
You are welcome to come (to move or journey to a vicinity with a specified purpose <come see us> <come and see what's going on>) here (where I am) and say "maybe it is your turn to figure out something" (what you said on the forums with little trouble) and see (to come to know) what happens. I made no prediction and gave no advice as to what may or may not happen. I have seen people talk rudely and have nothing happen at all. I have seen verbal arguments. I have seen knock down drag out fist fights where multiple people went to medical treatment afterwards. I made no threats, promises, or even suggestions. Just one offer to talk rudely to my face like you did on the forums. I only have a guess - but my guess is that you would not be so rude to my face. That would be much easier to deal with.

I do not claim to have a superior intellect..<snip>...
Sorry, again my mistake. What was this to mean then ?
I have figured out plenty and will continue to figure out plenty more than you could ever dream of figuring out.
I made no claims. I stated facts. If you would like a list of these facts (and other facts to back them up) you will need to be nicer or have a better reason than just to talk crap on a message forum. As far as my intellect (the power of knowing as distinguished from the power to feel and to will : the capacity for knowledge) goes that is a different word than intelligence (the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations).
I know what standardized tests show the ratio of my mental age to my chronological age multiplied by 100 to be though. I would be glad to share that if you feel you need to know.

..<snip>...I also used clear English when I said "I am not sure I will post it all on this place" Now perhaps your English is as poor as your attitude but that does not say "I will not post anything helpful here" but instead it says exactly what the letters making words mean "I am not sure I will post it all on this place" (perhaps I will, perhaps I won't). There was no reversal there was simply a decision. I apologize for it being over your maturity and intelligence level...<snip>...
OK, back to maybe you won't, after posting :
For those waiting for pics I will indeed get them up along with instructions, wiring diagrams, and finished pics.
OK - on May 14 at 11:43 AM I explained that on May 12 at 06:02 AM it was a maybe but May 14 at 10:23 AM it was not a maybe or even a consideration. Maybe in addition to having poor English comprehension you also are bad with non-spatial continuum's that are measured in terms of events which succeed one another.

If you notice, I quoted your post for this line, completely each time.
So you may not feel like helping someone like yourself. So be it, just select one, and stick with it ( either maybe, yes or no ).
Thanks for figuring out what I could not ( which after market wiring I know has been posted at least 30 times here, myself included..oh and maybe Ford's directions for the kit TxTechF150 purchased ) and then perhaps helping the next member. BTW, if this topic had been answered completely "in at least 10 different threads" why were you asking again ?
As of May 14 at 11:43 AM it is a yes:
Again I guess you are just bad with non-spatial continuum's (that's time).

I waited from 05-07-2007, 11:08 AM until 05-12-2007, 06:02 AM. During that time span I saw tons of posts answered and I did a LOT of searching and reading. In that searching I saw the fact that the OEM wires are "there" but no pictures or usable details as to where "there" is. Later that day (05-12-2007) I talked with a VERY helpful gentleman who in parts at a dealer (not in Georgia though ) and he gave me very specific instructions on where to look for the plugs and even told me that his 2003 2wd had the OEM wiring. After looking many times (with truck on ramps and just sitting on the tires) and my truck does not have the wiring.

Old 05-14-2007 | 04:31 PM
SSCULLY,

Thanks for the information! That is exactly what I needed to know. I agree that there might not be a reason for why there are no wires on mine. I definitely spent too much time hunting for them, lol. Also, I found posts with other wiring diagrams from you and that helped too, although some were a little over my head.
I am going ahead with the installation instead of returning it and buying the parts separately. I'm glad I don't HAVE to mess with relays in the junction box. Also, the kit I am getting does have an entirely new switch with the "pull out" option. Just to clarify, with that new switch, I will be able to use the fogs exactly as if they were stock, correct (as long as I install everything correctly)? I'm guessing I will have to run a few wires through the firewall among other things too. I haven't decided about the mod yet... I think I'll just focus on the install for now, haha. I am a little less scared of that now though . Thanks again for the information and the link.
If I found out anything new, I'll be sure to post it, but I probably won't find anything more than you have already posted. Hope I didn't make this arguement any worse or anything. Just trying to stay neutral, get my information, and get out, lol.
Thanks again.

Old 05-14-2007 | 04:32 PM
|
I still fail to see why you felt the need to be so rude to me, answer the other person looking for the same info, then have the audacity to expect me to be nice in return?

Old 05-14-2007 | 05:29 PM

..<snip>.. then have the audacity to expect me to be nice in return?
I don't expect you to be nice to me, also don't really care if you are or are not. Don't know where you got this from.

But, I will say that I am glad that you went from not sure, to will post the info, once you have it finished.

Which looking up, is what started this whole debate.

I thank you for thinking about your fellow members of F150online.com.
I know if/when you post it, someone will be appreciative of the information.

Old 05-14-2007 | 05:50 PM

TxTechF150,

The diagrams will start to make a but more sense once you get the kit, and take a look at the parts. Without something to to hold in your hand, you have no way of knowing which end is up.

If you install every thing per the directions ( if they are corrected as noted in the thread above for the ground ) then they will work just like the factory fog lamps, only on with the low beams, off with the high beams and parking lamps only.
From an email I got on the topic, the wires are run through the firewall. I forget where, and can't find tht email straight away. There is a fresh air intake next to the where the steering wheel arm goes through the firewall, that you can use for running the wires through. There is a rubber flap on this fresh air vent, and a 1-1/4" hole through the firewall. Dig around the edge of the carpeting and you will see it.

Post back if you have problems with the install, or want to look at making the fog lamps stay on with the high beams. Anyone around the electrical forum would be able to walk you through it ( JMC, Bluegrass, SteveB83, 2Stroked, myself, etc )

That other topic in your post, just drop it, not your issue at all, nothing you caused, or contributed to. Keep your head down, and you will be fine

Old 05-14-2007 | 06:07 PM
SSCULLY,

Ok, thanks! That's just what I wanted to know. Knowing me, I'm sure I will want to mod it once I get it in! Thanks again for all the information!

Quick Reply: 2003 Lariat 2wd - no OEM fog lights - Add them?