Does anyone know where the horn fuse/relay for a 02 f-150 lariat is located at!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007 | 07:59 PM
|
Does anyone know where the horn fuse/relay for a 02 f-150 lariat is located at!!!

The problem im having is my horn does not work at all and i cant find the fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay because i dont have the users manual to identify the serial numbers each fuse has so if anybody can help me that would be great thanks 915_TUSCANI

Old 05-10-2007 | 08:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

1. The Fuse is in the Power Distribution box ( under the hood ) , fuse # 7, 20A
2. The Horn Relay is in the Power Distribution box, Relay # 205.

3. If you need an owners manual, download one here :
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

4. Obviously check the fuse and relay, but if both check good, don't be shocked. Could be the clock spring causing the problem, but do follow correct problem diagnoses first by checking the fuse and bench testing the relay.

One other check, while you have the relay out bench testing it, is to bypass the normally open contacts together. The horn relay should be a Ford half size ISO relay :

Double check this, but if you short those pins together, the horn should sound ( if the fuse is good that is ).

You can also use this diagram to help with bench testing the relay. Ground is what is switched to it, power is constant.

Old 05-10-2007 | 09:48 PM
|
Hay man i really want to thank you for your help ill let you know what happns, thanks again 915_TUSCANI

Old 05-10-2007 | 11:41 PM
|
Hay bro. i just finished on the horn and i have to thank you again for helping me out and i really appreciate it and hope you can help me out on other problems i may have thanks once again 915_TUSCANI

Quick Reply: Does anyone know where the horn fuse/relay for a 02 f-150 lariat is located at!!!