really weird...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 12:32 AM
|
Unhappy really weird...HELP!

ok ive got an 05 supercrew xlt..everything was working until i tried to install a new cd/nav unit, the pioneer avic-z2...ive done radio installs before so i think i did everything right...but first it started out i get everything installed and it works fine but the truck wont start..so i had it checked out and it needed a new fuel pump relay...this is fused to the fuse panel in the passenger kick panel so i had to take it to the dealership to get that replaced...now it starts and runs fine but when i turn on the headlights the engine shuts off and also it wont start again unless u turn the lights off...also the gas gauge isnt working and something is wrong with the airbags and also only the back right speaker works....like i said weird...any ideas??

Last edited by red24698; 05-11-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-11-2007 | 07:50 AM
Go back and inspect everything you did to be sure you performed the installation properly. Inspect everything in the area where you worked to be sure you didn't inadvertently screw-up something else. If all else fails, remove the install and see if everything starts working properly again.
GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-11-2007 | 11:59 AM
|
i tried removing everything and putting all the factory back in...still same problems

Old 05-15-2007 | 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by red24698
ok ive got an 05 supercrew xlt..everything was working until i tried to install a new cd/nav unit, the pioneer avic-z2...ive done radio installs before so i think i did everything right...but first it started out i get everything installed and it works fine but the truck wont start..so i had it checked out and it needed a new fuel pump relay...this is fused to the fuse panel in the passenger kick panel so i had to take it to the dealership to get that replaced...now it starts and runs fine but when i turn on the headlights the engine shuts off and also it wont start again unless u turn the lights off...also the gas gauge isnt working and something is wrong with the airbags and also only the back right speaker works....like i said weird...any ideas??
I'm gonna say you should let someone else install radio equipment for you in the future.