buzzing and dinging on 97 f150

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation buzzing and dinging on 97 f150

Hi I'm new to this forum and have never posted here. I have been searching the forums for answers but had no luck. Can someone help me please? Am I doing something wrong? I posted this 2 days ago and haven't recieved a single response. I recently bought a 97 f150xl 4.2 w62k on it. When I turn the truck off I hear a buzzing under the hood. I traced it to some type of connector located under the starter relay cover. It apears to be where the wiring harness is tied in. Is this common or is there a problem? I can tap on the connector and it will buzz a few more times and then stop. Is there a relay between the two harness connectors? What is it? Also ,there appears to be a remote starter/security system installed.(dash led and toggle switch on firewall left kickpanel) When I first start the truck and start driving the seatbelt chime dings about 8-12 times in rapid succession. It happens usually about 30 secounds after I start driving(yes my seatbelt is on) sometimes it happens 2 minutes up the road.
Is this something with the security system? My warranty runs out in 5 weeks so I need answers quick! help!

Last edited by golfboy666; 05-13-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I'm stupid

Would I be correct to assume the dinging is an indicator when your headlights are on? I have a manual but it is in french! The buzzing on the other hand I can't find out what that is.

Quick Reply: buzzing and dinging on 97 f150