97 F150, Battery died, now air bag code 52

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 F150, Battery died, now air bag code 52

Well my hazard light swith on top of the steering column decided to somehow activate due to dirt in the switch or something. The draw on the battery from that problem killed my battery. I decided to just get a new battery after failing to get it to jump start. The battery was pretty old anways so I thought it couldn't hurt. The hazard lights work great now after spraying some electronics cleaner through the switch, but now I have Air Bag code 52. I checked the 10 amp fuse under the hood and the fuses in the box inside the truck and I can't find any bad fuses. Is there any way to clear this code manually? Any way to jump some pins somewhere and make the light go out? From what I understand, the air bag codes will not clear just by disconnecting the battery like ecm codes will.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Received 109 Likes on 102 Posts
Yeah, you understand correctly.

You'll need someone with a high-end Snap-On or a Ford scan tool to reset it.

Steve

Old 05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
So what you are saying is that Ford purposely made it so that we have to go and get raped by a Ford dealer to get this thing cleared just because I jumped started the thing? What a crap design. Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you end up doing? This truck had one electrical problem after another. I don't think I'm the only one either after reading some of the other posts in this forum.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 109 Likes on 102 Posts
Deal with it.

It's the way it is to keep stupid people from getting nominated for Darwin awards due to screwing with something they have no clue about.

Sell your truck and move on if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Heat in the kitchen? So because the electrical problems my truck have had are symbolic for heat in the kitchen? I think they are symbolic for *****ty engineering. I have never had these kinda problems with other vehicles I have owned. Other than the electrical problems, it has been a damn good truck. 194,XXX miles and still running strong. Maybe I just jinxed myself..haha.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some warning lights you just cant ignore ,airbag being one of them. worth the dealer looking at it. the one time you might need that bag.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Update: After driving my truck for 2 months or so, the airbag light went back to normal. It lights up at start up and than turns off. I guess it fixed itself. Just wanted to let everyone know if you find yourself with this code because your battery died.

Quick Reply: 97 F150, Battery died, now air bag code 52