94 F150XLT 4.9L 5-speed multiple electrical

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007 | 11:24 PM
|
94 F150XLT 4.9L 5-speed multiple electrical

I bought this truck new in 94 and it has never failed me. I washed it this evening and when I started it up, the wipers were running. I had to disconnect the motor wiring on the motor to stop it. Did a search and info says windshield leak. OK, I'll buy that since I recently had a new glass installed. However, before this, the cruise no longer works, the horn doesn't work nor does my flash to pass hi beam function. I'm assuming my issue is in the pin contact ring under the steering wheel. Likewise, I've had the 32 flash code from the air bag light for past several years. I think its time to fix that annoying light. Do you folks concur with my thoughts................even tho I've never had the steering wheel off. I just think its odd that all of these other issues (all seem to have switch functions on the left side of the wheel) would not somehow be related. Is there a partial harness/switch assy that can be replaced?
Overall this has been an awesome truck. 223k miles and still has the factory starter installed..............has never been off the truck! Gotta love a FORD!

Thanks for the help

Old 05-19-2007 | 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mister L
I washed it this evening and when I started it up, the wipers were running. I had to disconnect the motor wiring on the motor to stop it. Did a search and info says windshield leak. OK, I'll buy that since I recently had a new glass installed.
Not likely. That applies to '97-up trucks. '92-96 have a module in the R end of the dash called the WCM (#32) that sometimes just goes bad. But you should certainly let the shop that put the w/s in check for leaks before anything else.

However, before this, the cruise no longer works, the horn doesn't work nor does my flash to pass hi beam function. I'm assuming my issue is in the pin contact ring under the steering wheel. Likewise, I've had the 32 flash code from the air bag light for past several years.
There are no pin contacts under airbag steering wheels, even though Ford still calls the part the "airbag sliding contact". It's actually a continuous coil of mylar plastic with metallized traces, commonly referred to as the "clock spring". Click the tan CV in my signature & look in the Steering Column album for more info about it. Read the caption of this diagram for the Light Flash Codes (LFCs).

Is there a partial harness/switch assy that can be replaced?
Never replace anything until it TESTS bad.

Quick Reply: 94 F150XLT 4.9L 5-speed multiple electrical