aftermarket cruise control vs swapping entire steering wheel w/cruise

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015 | 07:28 AM
2004 STX 4x4 4.6 v8. I put the switches in my steering wheel , called around to some local shops and found a guy with the software to turn on the switches in 10 min. He charged me $65 and the new Ford Motorcraft switches on Ebay cost me about $50. Total cost $115 Also my cruise control did stop working because my two front side marker bulbs burnt out. make sure all your bulbs are good!

Old 07-16-2015 | 07:30 AM
By the way,The ford dealers was of no help at all.

Old 07-17-2015 | 10:58 AM
Where do I get cruise option turned on

Originally Posted by zziggy
All, let me repeat that, ALL that you need on the 2005-2007 (NBS) F150 is the switches and have the dealership TURN the cruise on with their scan tool. (they'll rape you for $100 for that 10 minute job)

Buy the switches at the parts counter.
Pull the battery cables.
Remove airbag.
unplug wires
Remove blanks
install switches, plug in the wires from switches secure wires now not connected.
reinstall in reverse order.

There isn't an aftermarket cruise that will fit that truck.
Hey sir, what kind of shop did you have your cruise option turned on ? I have tried one shop , dealer only . The ford dealer didn't know anything about it ? In San Marcos, tx
Thnx i

Old 07-17-2015 | 11:00 AM
Installing switches

Originally Posted by Jdftwo
Hey sir, what kind of shop did you have your cruise option turned on ? I have tried one shop , dealer only . The ford dealer didn't know anything about it ? In San Marcos, tx
Thnx i
Do I need to pull fuse for air bag ? Also is there a bolt on each side of column ?
Thnx

Old 07-18-2015 | 08:40 AM
Is cruise any different

Originally Posted by Jdftwo
Glad I found your post ! I'll be installing my own cruise after I find the switches for my Trk . It's a basic f150 4.2 5 spd. If I run into any problems you'll be the first I asked . Thnx
I have s 5 speed , is it still the same as on a automatic

Quick Reply: aftermarket cruise control vs swapping entire steering wheel w/cruise