Help please: cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007 | 02:21 PM
|
Help please: cruise control

I would like to install cruise control. I found the parts, for a good price, online, through ebay. The seller says I must have the dealer program it after install........the local service dept. says it doesn't need programming (activation). which is true? If it needs programming, how can I do it myself? Would this be a good time to invest in a unit so I can increase gas milage etc?
All usefull suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is my 1st truck , I love it and want to get the best out of it.

went to truck parts place today...is it worth 475$ for a mini computer to adjust the engine for better gas milage?

Last edited by Orleanskat; 07-21-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2007 | 02:33 PM
I used my cruise ALOT now and have actually gained mileage using it.

Install it and see if you need to program it after. Then at least dealer labor cost should be lower.

EDIT: Did some searching and it looks like you will have to use the WDS system to activate it.

Call the dealer and ask if they installed it and programmed it how much it would be vs just for the programming.

Last edited by dennisfranz; 07-21-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2007 | 12:35 PM
1st Suggestion: add your truck's specs to your profile &/or signature. Older trucks don't need programming, but need more parts. Go to this page & scroll down to the cruise control link.

Quick Reply: Help please: cruise control