What do you call this light?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you call this light?

Im working on my 2001 f-150 supercrew 4x4 and I 'm working on the lights that are on top of the truck cab exterior? I think there called the "High Mounted StopLamp". This thing has three lights and if i'm facing the exterio lights the first two work fine but the last one on the right which has a light green and black wires running into the back of the bulp plug is getting almost no voltage. I checked inside the cab at the connect and even at that poing I'm not getting any voltage? Does anyone where this green wire comes from. My shop manual on page 90-3 shows it comes from the bre pedal postion switch. Also all my brake lights work fine so I'm not having any problems there. Anyon have any ideals? Ok, I just went out and the only time that far right light comes on is when I put on the Break pedal. Guess when the door is open only the first two light up. Does that sound right?

MP

Last edited by satexasf150; 07-22-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Your talking about the 3rd brake light, with 2 cargo-lights right?
~Phil

Old 07-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Yup.

I just found out that light only comes on when you tap the breaks. Sorry about that. I'm going to get the inspection done on this vehicle so I can requet a rebuilt salvage title for the truck. Thanks

Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Cool! Congrats on the rebuild! glad I could help...I thought you were talking about trailer lights on top of the cab for a second, and thought to myself "I never knew that F150's had that option??" lol
~Phil

Quick Reply: What do you call this light?