Electrical isues

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008 | 12:58 AM
|
Electrical isues

I have a 2000 F150 XLT 4X4. Seems like everything wants to break at the same time. Go figure. Well now I have something else going wrong. First off, my headlights turn off if it run over a series of pot holes. The parking lights and blinkers work, its just my headlights. Any suggestions?
Secondly, my windshield wipers sometimes turn on without me doing anything. It happens while driving and also while parked with the key on.
Third, After I put my key in the ignition and turn it, I can take the key out. Not a huge problem, but If I don't make sure the wheel is locked the power stays on, which has drained my battery. Any suggestions from anyone?

Old 10-05-2008 | 08:56 AM
1. Loose or intermittent connection. I'd start at the MFS.

2. Possible water infiltration at the GEM module. Also, possible fault in MFS switch. SEARCH for "phantom wipers", IIRC.

3. Manual or automatic transmission?

Steve

Old 10-06-2008 | 08:16 PM
|
Automatic

Old 10-14-2008 | 04:56 PM
|
It was the MFS, I also bought a new headlight switch from rockauto.com. Seems like it fixed the problem.
Now my AC heater only blows from the floor and defroster, would that be the switch also. If so what do you call this switch?
Thanks for the advise.

Old 10-15-2008 | 07:35 AM
Nope, the outlet selection is controlled by vacuum as selected by either the EATC or the manual climate control switch, depending on which is in your truck.

The vacuum from the control mechanism operates a vacuum motor mounted on the side of the plenum. Check the motors and make sure that 1) the work and 2) the control shafts have not come loose from the door arms.

Steve

Quick Reply: Electrical isues