Add keyless entry to 94 f150?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add keyless entry to 94 f150?

My ext cab 94 f-150 has power locks, windows, etc. I am interested in adding remote keyless entry.

Is this just a matter of adding a keyless entry module?

Has anyone tried this?

THanks for your help.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM
There are two ways I know of adding remote entry.

For about $100 (from dealer- maybe cheaper elsewhere) you can buy a self adhesive key (numeric) pad that is a wireless transmitter. Simple, easy squeezey and effective (I have one). You get to pick where you want it mounted.

Or (from what I have read here and other places) many trucks are pre wired such that you can buy a replacement door handle bucket with the key pad built in, plug into the existing wiring – program the code on the existing module and you are entering remotely. Of course you have to pull the door panel, remove the existing bucket, etc. If you search around the site there are people who have done it and graciously written how to DIY.
In the end you have to decide how much effort you wish to apply. I am perfectly happy with mine, but being a **** retentive, If I had known at the time that I could switch out the door bucket I would have gone that way

Old 02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by red08
There are two ways I know of adding remote entry.

For about $100 (from dealer- maybe cheaper elsewhere) you can buy a self adhesive key (numeric) pad that is a wireless transmitter. Simple, easy squeezey and effective (I have one). You get to pick where you want it mounted.

Or (from what I have read here and other places) many trucks are pre wired such that you can buy a replacement door handle bucket with the key pad built in, plug into the existing wiring – program the code on the existing module and you are entering remotely. Of course you have to pull the door panel, remove the existing bucket, etc. If you search around the site there are people who have done it and graciously written how to DIY.
In the end you have to decide how much effort you wish to apply. I am perfectly happy with mine, but being a **** retentive, If I had known at the time that I could switch out the door bucket I would have gone that way
With a 94 F-150 you cannot get keypads or handle keypads... if you are looking for a remote on your keychain... an aftermarket one like one from DEI is your cheapest option.

Quick Reply: Add keyless entry to 94 f150?