CC, Backup Sensor, Lighter and Horn not working on 05 Screw FX4

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009 | 12:15 AM
|
CC, Backup Sensor, Lighter and Horn not working on 05 Screw FX4

I don't know if anyone has had this problem and I checked previous posts to see if there was anything and there wasn't. My friends daughter just got a 05 Screw FX4 and the parking sensors, the horn, lighter, and the cruise are not working. I checked the fuses and what I think is the relay to them and everything seems fine. When she hits the horn, you can hear a clicking coming from the fuse area. I have an 05 Screw Lariat and I haven't had this problem. I compared her fuse block with mine and it looks all the same. The other thing that is weird and my truck did the same thing, sometimes when she starts her truck, the factory head unit will go blank and when it comes back on she has to rest everything. When mine did it I replaced the unit with a AVIC-9000bt and just thought that it was doing it because the previous owner spliced into the factory wiring. I am scratching my head here trying to figure it out. I appriecate any help I can get. Thanks.

Last edited by NVCrewzer4x4; 05-16-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2009 | 08:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Which fuses did you check ?

What was the position of the relay you checked ?

The reason I ask, is the CC, cigar lighter and power points are not operated by a relay.

The Horn is operated by a relay, which could be what is clicking.

Are there any modifications to the truck ?

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:56 PM
|
Bump

Old 05-19-2009 | 10:37 PM
Why are you bumping, SSCULLY gave you a NUMBER of things to try and questions to answer.

Old 05-25-2009 | 03:46 AM
|
Oh, sorry. I thought bumping was to keep the thread at the front. My fault. We took it back to the dealer and they fixed everything but the sensors. They had to order parts for those. Thanks.

Quick Reply: CC, Backup Sensor, Lighter and Horn not working on 05 Screw FX4