Stereo Staying on!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010 | 10:16 AM
|
Stereo Staying on!

HELP MY STEREO!!! My 2004 Super Cab's stereo stays one when the truck is shut off and the driver door is open, The only way to get it to turn off is to open the passanger door, has anyone had this problem? Or have any ideas?

Old 04-28-2010 | 12:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Take a look at this thread, seems to be the same symptoms.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...door-open.html

Old 04-28-2010 | 09:46 PM
Hey,

I have the same problem.. it happened to me this weekend, i have a 2008 supercrew and all the door ajar lights come on fine except the drivers door. i read all i could find about this, i tried wd-40, i checked the wires for corrosion, and didnt see anything. which looks like it was fixed for my year in the factory. so i though the door switch was bad.. no luck i replaced it with a new one and nothing. radio stays on, no door ajar light, no dome light, and windows will work, at this point im out of ideas. so until i can get it fixed everytime i pull the key from the ignition i have to open the passenger door to turn everything off

anyone have any ideas ?

Old 04-29-2010 | 06:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by kazecode
Hey,

I have the same problem.. it happened to me this weekend, i have a 2008 supercrew and all the door ajar lights come on fine except the drivers door....<snip>.....
anyone have any ideas ?
If you want to confirm it is not a corroded wire for the front left door latch, you will need to pull the rear seat and check for ground on the black w/ yellow stripe wire on the VSM ( Vehicle Security Module ).
The VSM is mounted behind the seat back, below the window, towards the driver's side.

This wire will have ground switched to it ( ground and no ground are the states ).

Old 04-29-2010 | 07:49 AM
thanks, ill pull the back seats after work!

Old 04-29-2010 | 09:01 AM
|
Kazecode,
Let me know how it goes if you find a wire tonight, and tell me how much was a new door switch? and where did you pick it up?

Old 04-29-2010 | 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by L-Train04
Kazecode,
Let me know how it goes if you find a wire tonight, and tell me how much was a new door switch? and where did you pick it up?
yeah ill let you know what i find. and i got the switch from the ford dealer. it was $14

Old 05-04-2010 | 09:35 AM
well after checking the wire i found one bad wire ( the yellow and black wire)
so i fixed it and it gave me a bunch of new problems..
well i had enough and decided to take it to the dealer for them to charge me $90 just to look at it, and low and behold there was one more bad wire and a bad ground. so i had them fix it while it was torn apart which was also not cheap, but every thing is working fine now. so if you want to avoid a $215 dollr bill, i would say get a meter and test all the wires from the drivers door to the vsm in the back..

Quick Reply: Stereo Staying on!